SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778634

Ever use Octagon Soap?

User
14 years ago

I bought a bar the other day, I saw it on the shelf so I decided to give it a try. We always had octagon in our home when I was a kid. Well, I looked up the uses of octagon and was very surprised and thought I'd share it with you. Good info here.

OCTAGON SOAP

Colgate's Octagon Soap contains a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, lye, and other natural cleansing agents. These cleansing agents work well to not only clean the skin, but also leave the pores of the skin opened to prevent acne and other blemishes from forming on the skin. As a teenager, I had a lot of problems with acne. Before my doctor prescribed tetracycline, I tried every brand and type of acne facial cleanser available. One night when I was taking my shower, I decided to try Octagon Soap, which my family had used for years as bathing soap. Within two days of using Colgate's Octagon Soap on my face, my acne was greatly cleared.

Colgate's Octagon Soap also contains large amounts of anti-bacterial ingredients. The anti-bacterial properties of Colgate's Octagon Soap are a real lifesaver when you spend a lot of time outdoors hunting, camping, and fishing. The antibacterial properties of Colgate's Octagon Soap can prevent infections such as poison oak, poison ivy, mosquito bite infections, chiggers, ticks, and other outdoor airborne infections. I remember once when I was a small child, my family had gone camping. My mom was bathing my sister and me. We were using Octagon soap. There was a lady at the showers whom had come in to clean up after doing some fishing. She noticed that we were using octagon soap. Her son was a doctor, or so she said, and he had told her that Octagon Soap is one of the best anti-bacterial soaps. My Mom broke her off a piece of the soap to use.

Colgate's Octagon Soap can also be used as a laundry detergent and dish detergent. We keep a bar on our sink. When we wash dishes, we place the bar in the basin and run water. The suds work beautifully to remove stains from food, as well as bacteria and other germs from our dishes. We follow the same guidelines when we wash clothes. Put a section of a bar in the washing machine, and then let it fill with water and add clothes.

If you have any of these skin conditions, infections, or other needs, then I would highly recommend Colgate's Octagon Soap for all your cleansing needs

Comments (27)