SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahandbray_gw

Can I get nice roller shades to fit these brackets? (see pics)

sarahandbray
15 years ago

We have an 1870's farmhouse in upstate, NY that is in DESPERATE need of window treatments! I have been avoiding it all together because (A) the ones I like are expensive, (B) I don't want curtains because I don't want to cover the thick, original trim, and (C) because most of the windows are 26" wide which just screams CUSTOM as most regular manufacturers only have 24" or 25" and then 27".

One room still had cheapo roller shades from the previous owner that I kept until I could find something better. Then I realized that ALL the windows in the house have these brackets, which I now know are for roller shades.

So where can I get roller shades that are pretty (not necessarily custom) and not just plain vinyl white? And will they fit these brackets (I have no idea how old they are...but if I can find something to fit, how easy would that be?)

Oh...and my style (if I can even be so picky!) isn't really Victorian, though this house is of that era and has some Victorian elements...less fussy, frilly and girly.

Sarah from Albany, NY

Comments (15)