SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fnboyd

What happened to the link of MY3Dogs house?

fnboyd
15 years ago

I really enjoyed looking at her pictures and how she incorporated the old with the new.

I can't find them in the list anymore. Am I just missing something?

faye

Comments (23)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks for thinking of me...I checked too, and it appears they've rolled off into oblivion! I knew the post started out with 'Per request, pictures of My3Dogs House'...I also searched under just my member name, and it's gone. Sorry!

• fnboyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If you don't mind please post them again when you have time.

This time I will save them off to refer to when I need them.

You really do have the touch when it comes to decorating. I love your style. Very comfortable.

faye

• Related Discussions

My3dogs Thread?

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks, Jaybird! Capelove, Thanks so much for those kind words. That wallpaper is 'Paysannerie' in green by Thibaut. I bought 6 yards of the fabric on eBay (CHEAP!) and that is what made me decided to do the bathroom in the wallpaper. My 'spring/summer' WT in there matches the paper. The best price I found on Thibaut paper is at Eades in NY. There aren't a lot of online websites that carry Thibaut. I found a few and checked pricing at all of them - Eades was the best. Info and link to their site is below. 1-877-229-9427 fax: 716-373-6496 307 N Union Street - Olean, NY 14760 Here is a link that might be useful: Eades
    ...See More

What Type WC to go with My3Dogs Valance (Pics)

Q

Comments (7)
    Hi, artlover! I love texture, and have beadboard and trim above in both my bathrooms. I have shutters in one below the valance, as they were here when I bought the house. They were pine and I painted them the off white of the trim. In the half bath, I have a bamboo roman-type shade/blind. I love it, but if you really need privacy, know that you can see right through the bamboo at night when lights are on. You really can't see into my baths, so it doesn't matter to me, but depending on what is on the other side of that window, if you go with bamboo, you may want to get a lined one.
    ...See More

To My3dogs

Q

Comments (7)
    I just called her and she is away from home today, but she has the little sample chip with the name on it at home and will call me tomorrow AM with the name. Sorry I couldn't help you right now. I talked her into it, as she thought it would be too dark, but we all like it very much, and she is so glad she chose it. This must be the pic you saw, with the outer edges covered with cardboard while the kitchen was still being re-done.
    ...See More

?? for my3dogs (or others...)

Q

Comments (1)
    I'm not an expert on antiques - I just love 'em! I do not know what style it would be considered, but I bet Magnaverde could tell us in a heart beat! What drew me to this piece was it's simple lines, and the beautiful (what I assume to be) mahogany grain on the drawers. I'm very intrigued by the drop down front (shown closed) that reveals a writing surface, and hidden cubbies. I'd replace this vintage desk that I have had for over 25 years with it. FYI - my office walls are NOT that bright! The seller DID finally email me back last night, and said he had listed it for a friend who was moving to a smaller home. He is checking with the friend to see if he still wants to sell it. I'll put a post out here and on the HGTV board with the link to see if we can get an ID on the style from Magnaverde. I'd LOVE to know! current desk
    ...See More
  • ttodd
    15 years ago

Try this link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old thread

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Wow, ttodd - THANKS! You'll have to tell me how to do a better search!

• momto4boys
    15 years ago

My3dogs, no clue how I missed your thread before. But, your home is lovely!!! I couldn't pull 1/4 of that off in my dreams. You should be so proud of the home you've created.

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Great! My3Dogs home is my very favorite here on this forum. I had no idea the link had gone missing, but I'm glad there's now new access to your pics, M3D.
    Sooooooo, do you have anything new to show us????
    Lynn

• ttodd
    15 years ago

My3WonderfulDogs ~ while it may be gone from Gardenweb it is never truly gone from the World Wide Web!

Remember that if any of you wild and crazy kids are out celebrating Mardi Gras! The price you pay for your beads may spend a lifetime on the web! Be safe - have fun!!!!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

I'm glad I behave myself! You'll never see ME on the web, but I don't mind if my house is out there, as I just love it's warmth and coziness. Thanks so much, Lynn!

I am thinking about doing a spring mantle, and will be (hopefully) making some new/old lamps out of old barley twist oak candlesticks (eBay) and some FABULOUS silk ruched shades (eBay) I got for next to nothing...I still have my old CL mirror up there, and after seeing an inspiration pic from my buddy 'Chijim', think I will make a wreath to hang on top of it, as I did this metal wreath for winter.

These are the shades I want to use for spring -

This was the winter mantle, and come spring, I hope to have a new version to post. The barley twist lamps I'm planning will replace the CL Chinoiserie ones for spring and summer.

I'll also be making spring/summer panels for my office/sewing room. I'll show you those when they're ready.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

You do such wonderful vignettes ~ always just perfect!

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

Thanks it is great to revisit that post. Inspiring My3dogs!

• flowermum
    15 years ago

I remember that post. You do have a beautiful home! And it's more than just beautiful, it gives the air of being warm, cozy, welcoming, and very peaceful.

How do you do it? When we moved into our home I wanted everything neutral, and now after several years of living with these neutral colors, I am soooo ready for color! I have many of your photos saved for inspiration, I hope you don't mind.

• teacats
    15 years ago

Oooooooo -- I just LOVE your home -- I'm always referring back to your skills at creating the most charming tablescapes and mantelscapes! :)

Can't WAIT doe the fresh Spring look!

Jan

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

You're all so sweet! Momto4boys, You can do it! I'm only 'mom to 3 dogs', so it does HAVE to be easier for me to play around with things in the house.

If I have any tips to share, I'll tell you that I shop on CL and eBay and consignment shops almost exclusively. I truly prefer vintage items whenever I can find them. That is what makes my rooms unique. The bargains I have found - INCREDIBLE!

I love to sew, and make all my own window treatments, pillows, etc, so that makes them unique. It's SO much fun to see a fabric or trim that I want to use and be able to work it in. I do my own interior painting, too, as I am 'thrifty'. The most neutral color in my house is the BM Philadelphia Cream above the chair rail in the living room. I don't care for tans or beiges in this house, although they look beautiful in others I have seen here.

I made the two lamps for my spring/summer mantle last night. (Lamps are EASY to make!) The old English oak barley twist candlesticks are from eBay, as well as the great shades, which I got at 4 for $11.00 including shipping! They are heavy silk and hand made, and wonderful. One lamp is shown here, just plopped on the mantel to see if I liked the height. The black Chinoiserie one next to it is part of my fall/winter mantle, and I got it from CL, where I paid $35 for a PAIR. They're unique and the quality is amazing.

I am making new WTs for my office sewing room for spring/summer. This Laura Ashley toile is called Queensway. It has a soft gold background and muted red toile print that goes beautifully with the toile in my loveseat (that was a pleasant surprise, but it really does, perhaps because the fabric is so muted) and with the BM Aura 'Honeymoon' paint.

Can you see the Parrot tulips on that toile? Look on the top right in the second pic where it's draped over the loveseat.

Now see what I won on eBay last night. This will go in my office on an antique pine bureau from CL, along with other spring things that I'll put together. Pics are from the auction. I like her wallpaper!

It's a hand made, hand painted lamp, that I got for $45. Original price was $256. Picture that in front of those toile panels. Whimsical and fun! My office is NOT a showplace, but a room where I spend 14 hours days at times, so I want to feel good in here even though I can't make it all pretty.

I may start making the panels this weekend so I have at least one set done by the time the lamp arrives! Although spring is a ways away for us here in Maine with snow due Sunday and also next week. bummer...

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I just love the little plaid red shade and lamp. So cute.

• livestrong
    15 years ago

My3dogs, I love the new lamps!! I am anxiously awaiting your reveal of the new window treatments. I purchased many yards of the Queensway Toile (in the green colorway) at the Williamsport Fabric Barn 4.99 sale! I won't have time to work with the fabric until I am off for the summer, but I am excited to use the fabric somewhere! I'm not sure the color works with the BM October Mist in my Master Bedroom, but I will find some way to use it, as the toile is just so lovely. You truly do have a gift for finding treasures on ebay and CL. It's inspiring to so many of us!
    Carol

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

livestrong - so did I!

I love that fabric, and it's normally quite pricey. I had bought the gold locally, where I am in the store so often, that they have offered me a 10% 'designers discount'. Their prices are very good on in-stock fabrics, and they sell the Queensway for $17.99 a yard, vs the almost $40 that I have seen it for online.

I had seen the green there and loved it, but wasn't about to spend that on it, so was thrilled when I saw it at the Barn sale. I bought 5 yards and the only room I can use it in is my first floor bath, (paint is Behr Ryegrass) so it'll get something new this summer. :-) Can't you just see it in here with the wall color and the red and white transferware?? Oooh, Baby!

• angelcub
    15 years ago

Oh, I'm so glad I finally got a moment to drop in here this afternoon. I always love looking at your pics and seeing what you're up to next on the decorating front. : )

Those lamps are going to look great on your mantle. I used to have a pair on mine, too, and have been missing them. My mantle just looks blah right now but I'm inspired by your pics to dress it up. Thanks! I really like the new lamp, too. Fun shade! : )

Love that toile fabric! I'll be looking forward to your new window treatment pics. I too have been busy making window treatments for myself and a friend. I'm surprised I haven't burned up my machines. lol! I'm glad I took a break and found this thread.

So are you saying you will be repainting the walls in the bathroom pic above or using the new green fabric in there? It's very pretty already but I can understand the desire for change.

Diana

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Hi angelcub,

I will be leaving the walls that green color. I just painted them in the fall of 2007. The green toile fabric goes beautifully with the wall color, and I like that it will pick up the color of the transferware.

If I had had another room with more than one window in it that this color would work with, I would have bought a lot more of the green toile that livestrong and I both bought for $4.99 a yard!

Here is the fabric in the green colorway.

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

M3D's, this is the first time I've seen a pic of your bathroom. How beautiful and charming it is! I especially love your wall sconces, medicine cabinet and all your lovely transferware.

The Queensway fabric looks like it'll work wonderfully with your loveseat for Spring. Just how close are you to Spring up there in Maine, anyway? I've heard it comes June-late there.

I've always been taken with your Winter mantle. With the metal wreath, it looks like it could easily grace any magazine cover. BTW, did you make that wreath?!? I don't recall ever seeing another one like it. It's elegantly simple and I love it.

And then the lamps . . . I am SUCH a lampaholic that I literally drool over your beautiful ones! Your newest find is such fun. It'll certainly brighten up your study when it arrives. Don't forget to post pics when you get it. And it looks as though you've finished the barley twist ones. What a great idea that was! As for the Chinoiserie, I can see from your picture that they're terribly jealous and upset that they're being replaced by the barley twists. I think what they need is a respite away from those little upstarts for a while, don't you? To New Mexico, perhaps?
    Lynn ;^P

• angelcub
    15 years ago

Ooooohhh!!!! That green toile is gorgeous! And only $4.99! Wow, I'd have snatched up a yard or five, too. : )

I love toile but my DH doesn't. Would you believe he says it reminds him of the book The Wind in the Willows, which scared him as a child. Geesh, what am I going to do with him. sigh. I am determined to use some anyway, somewhere. He'll get over it. lol!

Lynn, lampaholic, too funny! : )

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

lynn, I'm sure those Chinoiserie lamps would LOVE a trip to New Mexico! I wish you could see them and hold them to see how wonderful they really are. I also went through my PC monitor when I saw them on CL one day. I didn't dicker a bit on the price, and told the seller I'd take them without seeing them in person. When I did...WOW.

Spring could be in late April here in the southern coast, and much later up north...We have snow coming Sunday and an 'active' weather pattern setting up. I saw on the news this evening that day time highs some days next week will be in the 20s.

I found that fantastic metal wreath in a small shop that is a c. 1790 house. The 'Mustard House' will open in April and I can't wait. I haven't seen any like it either, but it 'made' that winter mantle, along with the magnolia garland that is from there, too.

• livestrong
    15 years ago

Oh, that green Queensway Toile is going to be fabulous in your bath! I have made a note of the Behr Ryegrass color... I just may have to use it in a guest bedroom to go with my fabric! I couldn't resist buying the beautiful fabric at that great price! I bought enough for window treatments and perhaps a bedskirt and some pillows. Hmmm, maybe I need to look for some red transferware. Just love the green, red and cream color combination, not to mention the urns, birds and flowers on the toile. Can't wait to see your bath update and hope to share what I come up with by summer's end!
    Carol

• livestrong
    15 years ago

Just a note... there are still 23 yards of the green Queensway Toile that My3Dogs and I got at the fabricbarn.com site. Still 4.99 a yard until March 1. No affiliation with the store; just a happy customer!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations