SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

veggie tray to soup pot - ideas?

lpinkmountain
16 years ago

I got a large vegetable crudite tray for a school function and it was hardly touched. I don't want it to go to waste, and I'm taking the kids (college) on a retreat this weekend and I'm in charge of the food. I thought I'd do soup, sandwich and salad for lunch, and I want to use the leftover veggies from the tray.

Here's what's left, gobs of:

celery, tiny carrots, grape tomatoes, broccoli.

At first I was thinking some type of minestrone, but not with broccoli, at least I think that might be a little to mustardy. But I don't know, I'm not a good judge since I like just about any vegetable cooked any way. So now I'm thinking maybe cream of broccoli with corn, but I don't know what kind of cheese to use, I was thinking maybe havarti with dill? Dash of lemon? Does that sound good or not? Then maybe another soup.

Or should I do it all as some type of vegetable soup with meat. I never make meat soups so what do I know, but no one but me is a vegetarian, so I don't mind making the soup with meat if it is going to be the best way to go. I'm not a big fan of regular beef vegetable soup though, but maybe most people are. Maybe that's because I've never had it home made.

Does anyone have any great ideas for these veggies?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (3)