SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socks12345

Waited 3 hours in eye doctor's office today

socks
10 years ago

Arrived right on time at 9:15 am, by 12:15 I politely asked for the second time about my appointment, so they put me in an examination room. I sat there about 5 minutes with freezing A/C blowing on me but was getting more and more upset. I told the desk I was cold and hungry and was leaving. They said OK. I said I'd have to call for another appointment. I really don't want to change doctors because I think the doctors in this practice are good. There are problems with office management. They had dilated my eyes, but I still didn't want to wait any more. Others in the waiting room had been there a long time too, one a poor lady over 80 years old. I composed a note to the doctor with some suggestions. I have to sleep on it before sending.

First they said they were short "technicians" to do procedures, then they said the doc had an emergency. When/if these things happen, they need to let waiting patients know and possibly call those who have appointments later in the day to let them know there is a delay in case they want to reschedule. These things cannot be ignored, they have to be faced! I'm gettin' wound up!!

Comments (21)