SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

Looking for a drapery 'style'

no_green_thumb
16 years ago

The pathetic bathroom of a few weeks ago is rounding third and heading for home. So I am on to the bedroom. I posted these pix a few weeks ago and received many ideas. I am painting it BM Bradstreet Beige which will give much more color and warmth to the room - as well as complement both sets of bedding.

For the windows --- per Les's suggestion, I am going to widen the drapes to come out just beyond the posts on the bed frame. That will be about 13 inches or so.

I am going to make the drapes and have chosen a moire that is the whitish color in both beddings. I am going to line them as well.

So, I want to do a dead hang on each side, and need something in the middle. I have vinyl window shades, yes, I know, ick, but they work for us and I can't find anything else that will mount inside the window as these do (there is very little room).

I want to use the same rods I have and use only one, i.e., I don't want an over valence.

My first thought is to do shirr-on-rod for the side panels, and the same for the center, so although it will be shorter, it will flow all the way across the top.

I was looking at a lot of pix last night and saw some that are just flat panels, clip at the top and then the rings just slide on the rod. But don't know if that is a formal enough look.

I am still inclined at the moment to go with the shirr on the rod, but any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

This is the new bedding I just bought

This is what is currently on the bed and I will be switching off and probably also buying some summer bedding.

This wall is adjacent to the bed wall on the left. I have put a lamp and chair on this wall since this picture was taken.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH