SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Are drapery swags hopelessly out of style?

When we moved to this house I made 3 formal window treatments for my living room that are (I am forgetting the actual terms) swags and a waterfall like treatment on either side called a jabot. These are staplegunned to a 2 x 4 cornice board that is attached to the wall. ItÂs a subdued floral print (that was some kind of Williamsburg repro).

Is this a style that is hopelessly out of date? I hesitate to admit it, but itÂs been 21 years! I still like them but hardly "see" them anymore. At the same time, I canÂt imagine anything else here. I would have to make them myself as IÂm budgeted out, but am not sure IÂm up for as much labor and sewing as those were. Those 3 and a pair in a similar style in the same fabric are in my dining room. I would still need something formal, or that would work with formal furniture, as the rooms are all decorated with family antiques, stained glass lamps, and oriental rugs. Maybe I need something simple as a visual break from the intricacies of the rug designs and the furniture carving! The room has a cathedral ceiling so I have plenty of height to work with. I mounted the swags well above the window frames to avoid blocking the light.

I donÂt have pictures online to see but have attached a picture of a similar treatment; though mine are not on a pole.

Here is a link that might be useful: swag

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022