SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Our 36 Casa Vieja Fan is Installed! But - should we move it?

bellajourney
12 years ago

Hi all!

Our little 36" Casa Vieja fan was installed yesterday. I LOVE it! It is so adorable! I love the satin nickel finish and the opal glass, and it creates a nice breeze. My only 2 complaints are 1) it came with wooden pulls (?!) - I removed them and will look for some silver pulls, and 2) The CFL bulbs that is comes with are not very bright, and not very pretty - we really do NOT like the color of the lighting. I can live with the dim part, but we're going to try out some different types of bulbs to get a nicer color.

However, my biggest concern is the fan's location. It looks off to me. DH and the electrician said that it is centered to the aisle of the kitchen, and that is the right way to do it. If we centered it to the stove (which is what I was thinking), then it would look too close to the refrigerator and flanking cabinetry.

What do you think? Should we leave it where it is, or move it (if so, where?) I'll post a few pics:

Looking at it while standing directly in front of fan:

Looking at it while standing directly in front of stove:

Looking at it from breakfast nook area:

And here's a closer shot of just the fan, since I know a few Gardenwebbers are interested in it:

Thank You!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm