SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

closed on new home and freaking out now!

jiggreen
13 years ago

I know I'm in an "adjustment period" right now...but I want to cry! We closed on our 1814 Federal style farmhouse on Wednesday and I'm so overwhelmed! An hour after closing, we were opening windows and I guess the house wanted to show us who is boss because the pipe to the clawfoot tub burst. I haven't had a shower in 3 days, and the plumber can't come until Monday. I have nowhere to put my kitchen stuff...so we're tripping over boxes. We only have 3 grounded outlets in the whole house, the rest are ungrounded and not very many of them...but I haven't even got around to calling the electrician. My 11 year has been crying nonstop because she's "homesick". I have no laundry hookups, spiders freak me out and I have ocd and can't stand chaos and disorganization. I have mold in my downstairs bathroom because that pipe in the upstairs bath must have been leaking for a while, so we're going to completely demo that room and turn it into a powder room/laundry room. I know it all takes time..and that everything we're going through is par for the course and pretty minor compared to what could be still in store for us..but...I need some encouraging words. My hubby works out of town, so I'm kind of on my own and I'm exhausted and feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. I know one day I'll love my "new to me" home, but right now...I can't see beyond everything that needs to be done.

Comments (29)