SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelly_k_gw

Anyone freak out about house size in the framing stage?

shelly_k
14 years ago

Ok. Talk me off the ledge here. Our ranch home with finished basement is completely framed in and nearly roughed in. Drywall will be next. But it seems HUGE! To be fair, it probably is huge -- 3000 sq ft on the main and about 2000 finished in the basement. 3 bedrooms on the main with an office and 2 bedrooms in the basement with rec area and kitchenette.

Right now, it seems way, way bigger than it looked on those 2-dimensional architectural drawings. The ceilings are tall (11 ft) on much of the main floor so I'm not sure if that is fooling my eye, but it really seems too big.

I was freaking out to DH and telling him I wanted to sell it... yes I am pms'ing right now. But this is just way bigger than I was envisioning. There are no formal spaces, just big open plan with a dining area off the kitchen. Everything is just very wide open. And all the room sizes are what I wanted, but when I put it all together, it seems like it's not going to be "cozy" and "homey", but rather too big and too much.

Ugh.

Comments (13)