SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Freaking out! Sort of.

moonie_57 (8 NC)
17 years ago

Just wanted some thought from you guys...

First question. DH managed to get ahold of some clear overwintering film, 4 mil. FREE is the word. So, being in zone 8A, generally mild winters, what do you guys think of using this for one winter versus buying the standard 6 mil like Lowes carries? We do have enough of the 4m to double.

Okay, now just to rant a little. What was going to be a small wooden structure has turned into a larger PVC structure... 15X18. Ends will be wood framed as well as knee walls. DH pounded 3 feet of 1 1/2 PVC into the ground, leaving 2 feet above ground. To that he used couplings and added another 5 feet for a wall height of 7 feet, before adding the bows. The bows will hook into 45 degree elbows or whatever they're called. I'm not sure what this will make the center height. Not sure if he knows either. :)

The bows are going to be 1" PVC. I'm worried about the stress factor from bending. Each bow will fit into a Tee with a roof center support running down the middle. So, whatdaya think? And was that explanation understandable?

I'm a little worried, but not too much. I know DH will do whatever he has to, even if it's having to do some of it over, which I hope won't be the case. He's pretty picky and likes things right. Just think he should have researched more.

So, at this point my main question would be about the 4 mil clear overwintering film, then if you could, thoughts on the size of PVC pipe he has used. Its certainly bigger pipe than I've read that others has used.

Thanks.

Comment (1)