SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momorichel

Freaking out over Raven decision - is it too dark?

momorichel
15 years ago

Hi all,

I am having the hardest time deciding on a countertop. I know I've said that before, but it's still an issue...here's the story: Dark wood ceiling, not a lot of natural light in the kitchen, fake laminate wood floor, and we're doing Bamboo cabinets - keeping them natural, no stain so we hope that will lighten things up. I have been leaning toward soapstone but talked myself out of it due to the maintenance issues - we want as low maintenance as possible. And we're not granite lovers - so we got around to Caesarstone, and after much debate landed on Raven, thinking we needed contrast with the bamboo.

Woke up this morning feeling like we needed more lightening, but I don't like any of the light colored C-stones - they all look fake to me, which the Raven doesn't. The Raven looks like stone to me.

Meanwhile, I already purchased and have sitting in my living room a cafe-brown Blanco Silgranite sink, which I bought because I liked the way it looked with the Raven. So I'm sort of committed (unless I can sell the sink on Craig's list or something....). So please tell me if you think i should do a quick u-turn now on the Raven, before it's too late - and deal with the sink issue however. Here's pix to help you decide:

(let's see if I remember how to do pix....)

bamboo + raven (with the current white laminate counter visible)

wood ceiling

soon to be demo-d kitchen

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for your help!

Comments (33)