SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Express Fruit Cobbler

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Saturday is the last "workday" before the show goes on at our local theatre (Moon Over Buffalo). For our lunch break (or brunch when we arrive), I'm planning on making some iced tea (mint, from tea bags lol) and this cobbler recipe I found. Just bought the ingredients today. The recipe says blueberry but it also notes that any kind of fruit pie filling can be used. So, I said what the heck and chose blackberry pie filling :-). Here's the recipe:

Express Fruit Cobbler

2 20 ounce cans blueberry (or other fruit) pie filling

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1 18 ounce box white cake mix

1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pie filling in 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In large bowl, cream butter to smooth texture. Add dry cake mix and egg and blend well (mixture will be very stiff). Spoon mixture over pie filling. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Serves: 16.

I'll be leaving my cobbler whole when I take it with me. That way, whomever wants a piece can cut off as large or small of piece as they want it.

Oh, and on the back of the cans of the pie filling, they include two recipes: Blackberry Pie and Blackberry Coffee Cake.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (11)