SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moremoremore_gw

What finish for fireplace surround...and do I paint the brick?

moremoremore
15 years ago

Hi all. So I'm a little unsure as to what finish to get for new fireplace doors...It's a masonry fireplace with real brick and opens right up into the kitchen. I'm probably makng a bigger deal than it is...I bet any of the three would look ok, but since you guys are here...

#1 Do I paint it white? I really don't like red brick but maybe going white will hurt me for resale since we won't be here FOREVER and will make it stand out more where it meets the floor?

#2 Do I go chrome, nickel or bronze? I do mostly chrome accents in there but it opens up to the kitchen where the stainles fridge and ceiling fan are the stand outs. I did also use a bronze light fixture in the kitchen bc I do tend to mix and match and I use a lot of dark chocolate colors as well. Maybe the bronze will be too dark for the space...?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Mostly chrome accents but I used a nickel fan and did a lot of chocolate in here

Kitchen table and light fixture which is bronze

Kitchen...there is a lot of stainless in here but a lot of chocolate...Fireplace is exactly opposite the main wall...

Comments (17)