SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Oakleyok .. pictures of the house that I promised. :)

zipdee
14 years ago

Hey, thanks for being patient with me. Things stay pretty busy around here, we have three DD's .. ages 10, 12 and 14 .. between the three they are currently weekly involved in youth theater, battle of the books club, olympians club, art club, cotillion and tennis ... my husband works out of town during the week .. so everything goes slow here, including decorating. ;)

Our house is a work in progress, we've been renovating it for the last 6 years, usually 1 - 3 big projects a year as we have the time. Decorating, I probably fall more in the eclectic club, rather that strictly vintage .. although I have a lot of vintage pieces in the house, they are mixed with antiques and new as the colors and whims seems right. :) I kind of collect and things get added as I come across them, so really every room in this house is a work in progress and will seem empty by most people. As time and good finds allow, we'll get there though.

I guess starting with the outside of the house, we live in a 1910 Southern Colonial Cottage in central NC. This is an old picture, since here I've replanted the front with Annabelle hydrangeas, crossing my fingers they'll grow across the front with beautiful lime/white blooms.

Hmmmm .. Here's the central hall. My DH an I just found this antique heart pine pew and refinished it .. I'm looking for a runner and a large piece of art for the opposite wall now.

Front entry, oops .. yes the curtain is crooked .. I have five dogs that peek out that window, hence the curtain being askew.

Looking in from the Living room :

{{gwi:1589916}}

Looking in from the family room .. I'm looking for something to go under my vintage faux bamboo mirror, so any suggestions are welcome.

Looking back down the hall. The opening to the left is the kitchen, the french doors to the right the master bedroom ( which we are ramping up to start soon, that and the master bath ). The wall of french doors at the end are the eating area and access to the deck.

Let's see .. the living room, which I'm slowly collecting furniture for. The chairs are vintage, we painted them black and had the cushions done. The coffee table is a 42" dining table we cut down to coffee table height and painted. Next on the agenda in here is to have pillow made to bring the red, black and green together for the sofa. On the look out for lamps, tables, etc .. too.

Looking the other way :

And the family room .. this is as far as I've done in here .. lamps are temp, until I can find some table lamps I like.

{{gwi:1590064}}

I'll put up more pics of the family room, kitchen/eating area and the upstairs in a bit. I need to run some errands and then I'll hunt for the pics ..my album is way unorganized! ;)

Comments (33)