SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oleander15

Kitchen with seafoam counters...

Oleander15
11 years ago

We have been in the process of buy our dream home... via short sale for over a year and finally our offer was accepted and we are in the final weeks waiting to do the closing and get our house! I have been planning how we will paint/decorate everything for a while now, but keep coming back to the kitchen counters as they are a bright seafoam green!

They are very seafoam- not a pale or easily played down shade of the color. The former owners had the entire house done in shades of green and (bright) yellow which are both colors we are not a fan of- at all. Our colors are more blue/gray/black/white and I am having trouble figuring out how I can do anything to match these counters.
Mostly when searching I have seen people suggest teals and dark browns which would be a nightmare for us, we hate both colors and none of our furniture, decor, etc would match.

We have A LOT of work to do on the house and of course we have a limited budget, and new counter tops just can't be a priority when all the carpet, vinyl flooring, etc has to be replaced because of the previous owners indoor pets, along with some windows needing replacement, a few door needing replacement, and of course painting throughout. Eventually (a few years) we will replace the counter tops but until then.... we are just not sure how to make it work.

To make it worse, the seafoam green is not just in the kitchen, there is a high bar that extends over into the dining room and there are counter tops in the laundry that match as well (although the laundry is much less of a worry.) Its a pretty open area between the kitchen/dining/living rooms so these will be noticeable throughout the main area of the home.

Any ideas?

Comments (27)