SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iris21_gw

Two ideas that worked

iris21
17 years ago

I'm not the most organized person, so I'm here to get ideas. But I did learn two good things not long ago and thought I'd share in case it helps anyone. Heaven knows this might be my only contribution here.

I bought one of those over the door pocket organizers. It has stretchy net pockets. It only cost about $7. I put it on the inside of my linen closet door. It holds spare light bulbs, kleenex boxes, and cleaning rags. I love it, and the door shuts just fine. That was just wasted space before. You could store whatever you like there.

My other fave idea I learned on-line. Maybe everyone knows this but me? I store my bed sheets on my top closet shelf, and they were always coming down on my head when I reached for something. This solved that problem. Fold your flat sheet so it measures about 18" x 36" (the length of a bed pillow, but three times the width). Lay that flat. Now fold your fitted sheet any way you want (I'm not Martha Stewart) until it's about the size/shape of a bed pillow, and place it in the center of your flat sheet. Place one pillowcase on top. Now fold the two sides of your flat sheet up and over the whole thing. Slide that bundle into the other pillowcase. This makes a totally neat, easily stackable bundle the size of a bed pillow. Yank it down and everything you need is right there, no more hunting for that other pillowcase. I wish I'd known this years ago!

Comments (12)