SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
execassistant

Is today's plan functional? Please help.

Debbie Laird
15 years ago

I'm back to "tweak" the new final plan. Actually, I'm ordering cabinets on Saturday, so this has got to stop!

This ranch house is on five acres with a view from every window.

There won't be any structual changes to the outside walls, but we do plan to enlarge the DR entry. We plan to make the 3 ft opening a 7 or 8 ft opening. I am concerned about access to the panty, and on the other hand, the noise level in the dining room while entertaining adults and children. At Christmas, my mom commented on how nice it was to have a conversation with out the noise from the kitchen. We are enlarging the entry for the view out the DR window.

There are just the two of us, and we usually cook together, but not a four course meal every night. Sometimes it's cereal.

I think I have a grip on food storage and cooking. I'm not to sure how prep will play out, but it is a big island. Extra storage isn't an issue, as the laundry room has ample storage.

Please tell me what you think, is this funtional? Is there anything else that I should consider. I'm open to any suggestions and all comments.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)