SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

When is lazy really lazy?

mommabird
14 years ago

Hi organizing friends,

Those of you who have been around for a few years know I'm super disorganized & my mom is Born Orgnized. For 45 years my mom has been telling me I'm lazy. I was ruminating on this today and realized - I'm not really lazy. I expend VAST amounts of energy on trying to keep things organized and clean, almost all the time! I almost never sit and watch TV, spend maybe 1-2 hours a week surfing the Web, etc.

So - when is lazy lazy? Is it about results - or effort? To me, lazy means you lay around and watch TV and don't do anything - it's about effort. I have realized to my mom, lazy is about results. Lazy to her means things are messy and disorganized, no matter how much time and effort you put into trying to make it better.

Actually mom spends WAY more time than me just doing nothing, reading a book or watching TV. She has 50x more inactive time than I do, beacuse she's BO and it takes her very little time and effort to have a magazine layout perfect home!

When I was a teen, if I sat down to watch a TV show my mom would say I was lazy. I think this set me up to always have to be in motion & always have to be doing something to prove I'm not lazy. BUT - I have such a cluttered disorganized house, I don't see much results from all the activity! My office at work is very organized and my co-workers would say I'm anything but lazy - but I completely control my office. At home I have DH and 3 kids - and all their STUFF! I think that's why I don't get much done with all the trying!

Can you tell I didn't sleep much all night! It was a ruminating type night!

Comments (9)