SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

When to tell GC he isn't doing everything?

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

GC is starting my kitchen on Monday....His prices are high, but we wanted the quality work he does, I'm not gutting my kitchen and am using my old cabinets, he came to me with good ideas that in the long run I hope work out saves money and I love my kitchen. (oh gee, I'm so nervous). He is doing a lot of work and is getting paid well for it. There are 2 items on his quote I don't want to use him for, I actually told him that on the floor I was going to use my friend who is in the business. To my surprise he said how it isn't good mixing business and friends, and how I could purchase the floor from her if I want, but how he could still install it. That is not happening, but I don't know how or when to tell him this. Should I call him this week and tell him? Should I tell him on Monday? Should I wait till end when floor will be put in? The next thing is the changing of the outlet covers, a cousin offered to do it for us, my husband does his taxes for free every year. I know both these things are done at the end, but I don't feel comfortable waiting, till before he would do them to tell him he isn't. So again, Do I call him this week and tell him? Do I tell him on Monday? Tell me what you suggest...thanks.

Comments (7)