SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

Ugh - when 'flat, seamless' isn't!!!

kksmama
16 years ago

I've posted many times about my beautiful Lauzon floors and touted their excellent milling and the perfectly flat, tight, smooth results. When our floors were ruined by a faulty A/C install, I re-shopped all over again and flirted with the idea of choosing something else, but ultimately decided that their square edge is what is best for my family.

So last week the same flooring company that did the original install began to put back the very same African Sapele. I trusted them to do the same excellent job they did the first time, and they seemed to take just as much care in floating the slab prior to installation.

In one day they put down a lot of square footage and when I went to look at 2pm I was shocked by what I saw. I can see EVERY board, and feel many of them (overwood). This is not the same floor I had at all! Out of the box many of the boards are somewhat bowed, and the distributor tried to tell me that is a characteristic of the species and that the glue would pull it down. I guess the installer thought so too, but I've found some significant hollow areas already and not really checked much of the floor for that awful empty sound. I had none of that the first time around.

So the flooring company got the distributor involved, the distributor shipped boards to Lauzon in Canada and suggested they might have to fly a rep down to look at the site. Meanwhile, I have half a floor and cannot move back into my house! And I'm not sure I understand why this isn't being addressed more quickly - I'm just a (well informed) customer and I can see this isn't right, shouldn't the installer and distributor quickly agree on a course of action and get it done? Are they each blaming each other while I sit and wait? Can I count on the Lauzon rep to sort this out and fix (replace) my floors?

A flooring website lists "FUSION FIT

A true square edge with tongue and groove precise milling results in a perfectly smooth surface (max. overwood tolerance: half the thickness of a sheet of paper) with a seamless appearance and net fit." I have many places with far greater overwood and there is nothing seamless about the floor at all.

Reassurance from someone who carries their products or who has been through a claim with Lauzon would be GREATLY appreciated. While shopping I heard over and over how much they care about quality, how committed they are to excellence....now I guess I'll find out. Thanks for listening and any words of advice!

Comments (8)