SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithn_gw

Would you Order Chairs/Sofa in Matching Fabric?

judithn
16 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm ready to buy new furniture for my open plan family room kitchen. I saw a sofa and two chairs (high leg recliners, slightly contemporary) that will work price wise and style wise for us. The manufacturer making these pieces has one fabric I absolutely love. It is a rich blue-green color.

The other things in the room are a very large antique rug, very colorful and in jewel tones, and a long (1o ft) window seat with a long window seat cushion that is almost like a sofa. I have a flowered Schumacher fabric on the window seat that I love. The fabric used to be our drapes in that room and we want to reuse it because it matches the oriental rug perfectly. I mean, it's spot on.

So, for the fabric for the sofa and chairs in that room, I'm actually (can't believe it, but it's true) thinking of using one fabric! Visually, there's alot going on in that room because of the flowered window seat cover and the intense patterns and colors of the rug. Both those items have a huge range of color, I mean, you could find almost any color except purple in them. Rather than now throw in more color and pattern, I'm thinking this blue-green fabric, which is slightly velvety and reads like a soft muted deep green denim, might be nice on the sofa and two chairs.

My husband's first reaction to the idea was "are you sure that's not going to be boring?" I know the expected thing now is to have a mix of patterns, and that was actually my first impulse, but the manufacturer who has the pieces I like only has ONE fabric in the shade of blue-green I need to coordinate with the other things in the room, so it's an idea borne out of desperation. We've been living in a construction zone (recent kitchen reno gone bad) and I am just crazy to have a real nice homey family room kitchen back!

Comments (24)