SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creekylis

Eureka! Bangkok Rust!

creekylis
16 years ago

Well... I think perhaps I have finally found "THE" red. I have tried so many samples... spent a fortune already... and have painted so many swatches in my kitchen you can barely see the old color anymore!

I have tried (Valspar) Cabin Red, Tibetan Red, Cranberry Bog, Sweet Rosewood, Picnic Table (almost won), Chocolate, and (BM) Garrison Red, and maybe one or two more that I can't think of now. My goal was a rich, dark red that went well with my oak cabinets and various accessories in my house. I feared any orangey red, but also wanted no purpley hue.

After a frustrating search, and three coats of picnic table on two walls (only to discover that it really is too burgundy), I finally decided to try that sort of orangey paint chip of Waverly Bangkok Rust (Rust?!) in a sample can. I figured if all of the others were reading more blue, perhaps this slightly orangey red would be just the ticket once on the walls. A quick search on here also revealed that one of my favorite kitchens (aktillery) also used Bangkok Rust -- to my surprise.

Well... I *LOVE* it. I'm pretty sure this is the one. It's not at all orangey on the walls. Just a nice TRUE, DEEP red.

Thanks everyone for all of your help. I especially would like to thank aktillery for posting all of the pics of your room -- it's so wonderfully perfect for what I am going for. A great inspiration space!

My gallons of Picnic Table may be going to a good home too... my sister is currently trying to stage her (very lovely) home for sale and is stripping her gorgeous wallpaper in her dining room to paint. We discovered last night that Picnic Table is PERFECT in her home! ;)

Pics... (Excuse the clutter... been busy sampling paint!)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Lis

P.S... Not sure why pics aren't showing... I have to right click on them and click "view image" to see it... hope that works!

Comments (24)