SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

T&T bread machine recipes

jojoco
13 years ago

Lately there have been a few threads on bread machines, but not too many recipes. I recently got a zo bbcc-v20 model at a white elephant sale for $15. It is in great shape with an instruction book included. The recipe I like is from a website, and although it says to use it on the french bread cycle, I did it on the regular cyle with a medium crust setting. It came out great with a crispy crust.

French Bread

Ingredients [ for a 2 lb loaf)

1 1/3 cups Water warm

1 1/2 tbsps Olive oil

1 1/2 tsp. Salt

2 tbsps Sugar

4 cups All purpose flour or bread flour

2 tsp. Yeast

Place the warm water into your bread pan. Then add the olive oil, the salt, and the sugar, in this order. Add the flour, covering the liquid. Make a small indentation on top of the center of the flour, but not deep enough to reach the liquid. Add the yeast to this indentation. Set the timer or choose the French Bread Cycle (my note: I used the basic setting with the med crust. I couldn't get the french bread settings to cycle through all the timing options, despite repeated attempts. Might explain the $15 price tag). This recipe makes a 2 lb loaf.

What I like about this loaf is that it doesn't contain milk so I can set it to start for 4 am.

Please post your favorite bread machine recipes.

Thanks,

Jo

Comments (7)