SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

New eBay find leads to new window treatments!

My3dogs ME zone 5A
14 years ago

I didn't HAVE to make new ones, but I wanted to. :-)

I won this vintage Frederick Cooper lamp on eBay a few weeks ago for the opening bid price of $55. The seller had not mentioned that it was a Cooper lamp in his title, but in small print in the auction. The shade is one I had here.

I wrote the F Cooper company, and they told me that the lamp was made in the 1990s for a show, and didn't go into their regular line, so it may be one-of-a-kind.

Since I am using blue accessories in the living room now,

{{!gwi}}

I wanted to make some WTs that have that color in them, but also go well with the rest of the pieces in the room. Long story, but I remember (thanks to an email from 'Chijim' of this board!) that I have some fabric I got very inexpensively on eBay years ago, and hadn't used!

I draped it over a rod in the LR Wed. PM, and really liked what I saw.

The fabric is 108" wide and heavy, so tough to work with on my 5 1/2 ft kitchen island, but I have made one panel, although it's not hemmed yet. I tried a new style for me - back tab panels - which look pleated, but are made by sewing tabs to the back of the top, rather than up from the top edge, as I didn't want tab tops. Could that 'found fabric' go any better with the colors in the room? Yippeee!

Comments (37)