SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenfenn

Just rejected some cabinet companies...and I'm still freaking out

luckyj
16 years ago

I have to admit upfront that I'm the kind of person who hates to dissapoint others and I have a real problem telling people something that I don't think that they're going to like to hear. All said, we have been working with three different cabinet supply companies over the past several months and just last night we ran all the numbers (again!) to finally come to a decision about which one to use. So I just finished my phone calls of telling the other two that "so sorry, but..." I HATE being in this position! I still have major butterflies!!

Tell me that it's ok, that this is their job and that they're salespeople who aren't courting me and keeping up with me NOT because they like me, but because they want their commission. Still, I can't help but feel like this is personal. DH says that they've gotten into my head and that I just need to get over it. There was a good $2500 difference between the one we chose and the others (and that's a lot of money to me) so this was something that I just couldn't overcome in order to go with one place over another just to keep from hurting someone's feelings. Of course, the two I had to turn down are sure that their quality is better...and maybe it is, but frankly, they all seem about the same at this point.

I'm just a little frazzled over the whole thing...and I'm only at the beginning! Purchasing cabinets is more money than we've ever spent on any one thing besides our mortgage, so I'm just emotionally a little stressed over pulling the trigger. Has anyone else freaked out over committing to such a big $ purchase?

And of course I sure hope that I made the right decision.

Anyway, thanks for being a place where I could vent among some sympathetic ears.

Comments (9)