SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
needsometips08

Do I need to re-formulate/re-think my door stain plan?

needsometips08
14 years ago

Hi, it's me...the one who panics about her kitchen again! And desparately needs input.

We met with a designer last week and picked our floor (hickory). It's hickory. Cabinets are birch.

I LOVE our floor. And I LOVE our cabinet doors. And I am good with our granite (which was a good compromise because DH was in love with the granite and we weren't agreeing and I do think it's pretty).

But I cannot even sleep at night for fear that we have too many "stars", busy stars, going on. The cabinets have detail, so does the floor, and so does the granite. Everything is a done deal except that the cabinets aren't stained yet.

I am planning on working up another sample with my stain lady with the floor sample in hand. Does my current sample work or does it need to be a more even stain? The natural birch has variation so I don't think clear would be perfect. What would you do?

Do you think my combo works? I am SOOO nervous because I really have no skill for decor at all. I am trying to develop it!

Here is a kitchen I found that I would love for mine to turn out like:

Here is a sample board of my doors and flooring. In person, the colors feel warmer than the photo. The granite is my actual slab taken in 2 different lightings:

Comments (6)