SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cantmakeadecision_gw

Your dream game room built in.....

cantmakeadecision
15 years ago

I need to quickly design a built in for my game room. A really great cabinet maker is building it, so I can really do whatever I want. The room is quite large, so even a pretty big piece won't overtake the room. The room is 19'6" wide and 34' 8" long. The wall where the built in will be is completely bare except for an opening at one end where the stairs down begin. It's about a 15' wall with a 9' ceiling at that spot. There is a tray ceiling in the room, but the lower part of the ceiling extends a couple feet from the wall. It probably can't go to the ceiling because of the tray. Here are a couple shots of the room:

and this is the wall the built in will go on:

I'm posting this question here, because I'm thinking about this from an organizational standpoint. The room will be used only for fun and games. There will be a game table at the opposite end by the kitchenette, and some seating near the built in. The built in will house a flat screen (not huge, but good sized) the Wii, and Playstation 2, video games, accessories (whatever do you do with Rock Band instruments???) Probably some DVDs, a DVD player and possibly a VCR for those outdated videos will still have, board games and probably some books. I'm thinking mostly drawers on the bottom and cabinets and bookshelves on top, but am looking for great suggestions!

Tell me about your dream built in!!!

Comments (7)