SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

French Feta

Lars
12 years ago

There is a market fairly close to my house called "Farmers' Market", but it is really just a store that specializes in produce and Middle Eastern groceries. Anyway, I went there last week-end and was tempted by their sheep's milk French feta. Normally I buy Bulgarian feta, and the French version is quite different - tangy but mild and creamy and perhaps a little less salty. The first thing I made with it was eggs scrambled with cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and fresh oregano - both from my yard. It's rather soft, and so it does not crumble that easily and is almost spreadable.

I'm wondering what I should do with the rest of it. I don't remember a thread dedicated to feta, but I would like to gather recipes so that I can know what to do with all of it when I do buy it. When I buy the Bulgarian feta, it comes in one or two pound tubs, but the French was only 8 ounces, I think. I guess I should have bought cucumbers to have with it. I sometimes put it on tostados, but I'm thinking I would like a baked dish. I might make some spanakopita with some of it, if my frozen phyllo dough is okay.

What are your favorite ways to use feta, especially anything unusual?

Lars

Here is a link that might be useful: Focus on Feta

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals