SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

I think I messed up on one paint selection HELP!

brutuses
16 years ago

I thought I had all my colors picked out for the new house, but now I'm questioning the one for the guest/hall bath. Here are the colors

Misty - Silver Blue for Master BR

Gray Cashmere - Pale silver green for Master bath

2nd. bedroom - Silver Sage

3rd. bedroom/office - Silver Marlin - deeper blue than Misty and sometimes shows green

Great room/kitchen/laundry/pantry and hall - Rich Cream

Hall bath - Yorkshire Tan at 50% - Actually the 100% matches the curtains better, but I went with the 50% trying to lighten it up, but I don't think it helps.

The reason I even have the Yorkshire tan was to match that toile I purchased some time back thinking I had to have it for the guest bath. Now I'm thinking that was a huge error on my part. Now I've picked out all my colors and all of them flow beautifully together except for that Yorkshire Tan. I'm afraid it will be out of place among the other softer colors.

When you walk through the hall which is not really a big hall, there are bedrooms on each side and the guest bath directly in front. Here's my fear, you're walking toward the bath and you're seeing Yorkshire Tan, but in the corner of your eye you're seeing either Silver Sage or Marlin Blue and well, I'm afraid there is too much contrast and the bath will look like it doesn't belong in the house. Oh Lord, I'm thinking I need to change the bath to a beige or linen and still have my toile, but have my deep blue with linen background instead of the tan/black I have now that matches the Yorkshire tan.

So what do you think? I only have one shot at this. No way will we be able to afford to have it repainted so I have to get the colors right the first time around.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (12)