SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilydilly_gw

Making use of treasures.

lilydilly
15 years ago

I'm tickled pink with a little idea I found. I've had a tiny 2 inch Limoge legged dish that I've had since I was a kid. I've never found a use for it in 40 years, and yet in all that time I could never part with it either. Twice last week I put it in the Give away box, and twice I rescued it again. It's really bothered me, because I don't want it out on display, and I don't want it as unseen clutter in a cupboard, my family doesn't want it, but I can't part with it either. Truth is, I love it. I love the look of it and I love how it feels in my hand! And it is only 2". Still.......

Then this morning, I went on the Martha Stuart website for the first time ever, (I can't even remember why I went there now)

Well the organizing tip of the day is to turn a dish into a magnetic pin holder, by gluing a magnet to the base. AHA!

I sew and use pins a lot, and my current dish is just a red plastic cheapo. Now I can have the most elegant stylish pin holder in town, even if I'm only using it to patch DH's work jeans, and my red plastic one goes in the Give away box instead. Aaah just a tiny thing but enough to make my day!

I suppose this is the opposite concept of "trash to treasure", but I'm eyeing off a lot of things like this now.

Comments (19)