SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

My Treasures From Last Weekend

kirkus
16 years ago

Just wanted to share my finds from last weekend. I scared my wife with how many "treasures" I brought home! Hee hee!

{{gwi:140513}}

We live in the country but the nearby, small town of Deer Park, Washington, had several, community garage sales over the weekend. I bought this toolbox for $1. (What a steal!!!) Thought I would put clay pots in it with colorful, summer flowers. Should I paint it? I bought the yellow, deep, enamel pan for $5 and plan on making a potting bench, inserting this pan in the top of the bench as the potting pan. I have the plans for the potting bench. Have been looking for the perfect bowl! I found it!

{{gwi:140515}}

I bought this old, student desk for $6, thinking I would put it on our covered, front porch and place plants on it. Our 6 year old daughter loves it and is using it constantly on our porch. When I saw her doing her homework on it tonight, I thought maybe I would bag the plant idea and let her use it on the porch or in her room!

{{gwi:140516}}

This stool was $5. I want to use it in my garden shed when I work at my worktable. It swivels! The large and small funnels were in a free box! Any ideas? I'm sure I will figure out something for them! I want to strip the paint from this table and put tongue oil on it and place it to on our covered, front porch with a plant on it. (Or my wife may win out, and we'll put it in the house as a plant stand! She deserves some reward for allowing me to bring home all of this stuff! Ha!)

{{gwi:140517}}

Finally, many of you know that recently my brother passed away unexpectedly at age 51 from diabetes. He was a true collector! This weekend, my other brother went through my late brother's garage and gave me these things: a cool, ice cream, counter stool and a very intricate, wood table...both of which will go on our covered, side porch. The top of the stool is weathered but would make a nice side table. The table is too cool to describe! A real treasure!

{{gwi:140518}}

{{gwi:140519}}

Those are my weekend finds! I hope I didn't share too much! ENJOY! Kirk

Comments (23)