SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marge727

Could somebody in Minneapolis help me pack?

marge727
15 years ago

Wednesday I will be boarding a plane for Minneapolis from California. We will be staying downtown and attending a professional meeting at the Convention center. Every time I look at the weather report it says something different. What do I need to wear? I know I need a suit with a nice top and accessories for the meetings I will be presenting. I have a snazzy black dress for the award presentation. Jeans and a top to go shopping. Do I need a raincoat--or a leather jacket. I don't understand how it could be 80 degrees and T storms. Out here if it rains, its cooler. I have a pair of white slacks with a Battenburg lacy top. Is that good for evening or aren't they wearing summer clothes yet? would I be wearing sandals during the day or what? Is everyone wearing skirts and tops and sandals or capris? We won't get a car because of the parking, so we would be going to nice restaurants in the downtown area. How dressy is that?

No matter where I go I always take too much because I never know what to bring, and no matter how much I bring the weather changes and I wish I had brought boots or something.

On the way back I am going to a college reunion in rural Illinois. brunch, dinner and cocktail reception. What are they wearing in the midwest for those things? I would bet the snazzy black dress wouldn't work since its a group of probably mostly retired teachers.The suit would be too career. Black slacks and a nice black top might look like I am going to a funeral instead of a reunion. You don't have to be from Minneapolis to give me some ideas. I do know to limit the wardrobe colors, and I can do that. I would be thrilled to get any advice because right now I have a pile of stuff on the bed and am baffled.

Comments (10)