SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

My maiden voyage to Aldi

Indy_Anna
15 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helped educate me on Aldi's. After a dr appointment today, Tyler and I made a trip just to browse and explore.

The shopping carts - I see what you guys are talking about with the chain thing. Each cart has a mechanism on it that hooks it up to the other carts when all pushed together. I didn't have a quarter with me, so I didn't get one. I also figured it would prevent me from buying a bunch of stuff too.

The store was very clean. The prices are listed up high, like at Costco, which I ended up liking. And the prices themselves are really good too. I found generic versions of some of our favorites for much, much cheaper than at Meijer. Whole milk was a dollar cheaper, but skim was the same price. Ground beef was $1.30 cheaper than Meijer. The spices were 1.09. I'm so mad I paid $4 on Sunday for cumin. The produce wasn't plentiful but it looked good and was well priced.

I was surprised at how small it was. There were maybe 5 aisles. But, they were full of staples that I normally use.

I spent $3 and bought a box of cereal for DH and a bag of (brand name) Hershey kisses. I think at any other store, these items alone would have been more than that. What a deal!

Bottom line - I will be going this Sunday prior to my regular grocery trip to see how much I'm able to save on our weekly bill.

Thank you everyone. You may have helped out our food budget.

Comments (6)