SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Inspector hasn't shown up yet; stalled kitchen Grumble grumble

amberley
14 years ago

I just need to vent that I am annoyed that the inspector hasn't shown up yet. The thing that bugs me is my house is only 3 minutes from the county inspectors office, and he said first thing am today.... And now my GC is stalled because he can't close the walls up until the inspector passes us. I am paying this job as time and material, so this is costing me money! I can't really say anything because it isn't the contractors fault that the guy hasn't shown up yet.

I am worried that if we get pushed back a day I will have to reschedule the soaspstone templating- which could really screw things up. They are coming on Tuesday the 9th from about 3 1/2 hours away.

The job has gone super smoothly so far, so hopefully htis is just a hiccup. Plan is to have they walls painted by the end of the weekend and sand the floor on Friday. We are finishing the floor at the very end (good thing too since I have no idea what I am doing with it yet).

I think I just need to have a cup of Earl Gray and watch something on TV for an hour. Hopefully he will be here by then.

Comments (13)