SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

3 pheasant legs, 2 venison tenderloins and....

caliloo
13 years ago

a bluefish in a bag.

Seriously! LOL! One of our friends who is coming for smokefest tomorrow swung by the house while I was out and left a goodie bag with my DH. He wanted to have some fun stuff on the grill and/or smoker and grabbed these from his freezer.

I told my DH a few days ago that the venison and pheasant were too lean to smoke, but he and his buddy decided I could probably figure out how to wrap it in bacon and grill it. My thought is the pheasant & deer should be marinated in lots of red wine and garlic and thyme and wrapped in bacon but I am open to suggestions! Also, I can put the Bluefish on the smoker after everything else is off - they are filets and shouold be done smoking in about 45 - 60 minutes max but what should I season it with? Did I mention I HATE Bluefish and would be just as happy to pitch it in the compost pile?

On closer inpection, there is a whole Sea Bass in there too.... should I just grill that with some citrus and herbs in the belly cavity, tied shut and basted with and herby white wine vinaigrette sort of thing?

Help!

TIA

Alexa

Comments (6)