SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

No beans chili for a crowd

elba1
9 years ago

Hi folks, I will be having a family party to celebrate my husband's fiftieth later this month. We will be gone the day before for family day at my son's college, and will be at church all morning the day of the party. Trying to do some menu planning - primary dietary constraints are one has celiac, and my son can't have any nuts or legumes (except green beans). There are no vegetarians. Trying to take the emphasis off pasta & breads - last time did pulled pork, potato salad, coleslaw, etc. for my son's graduation & everyone liked that. This time was thinking I'd give chili a try because I could make it Friday & reheat in in the crockpot while we're at church. Here are my questions:
1. I have a "no beans chili" recipe that I have made before (serves 6), but when I make a larger amount, I don't think it tastes the same - suggestions? I will post the recipe below, so this post isn't too long.
2. Here's what I was thinking of serving with it - what do you think? Rice, cornbread, salad, shredded cheese, scallions/red onions, sour cream, tortilla chips, crackers, pickles, jalepeno peppers, crackers.
3. My daughter isn't a big fan of chili, but she likes tacos - was wondering if I should put out some taco shells and a strainer spoon to the side, and also make some hot dogs for chili dogs or if someone didn't want the chili (most would eat it)?
Thank you!
p.s. I found the chili cook-along thread, but I find it harder to read since it is formatted like one long narrative, and I don't think had recipes to serve at least 21 people.

Comments (14)