SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stargirl_gw

I'll Paint a Mental Picture; Can You Paint One for Me?

stargirl
12 years ago

Whenever cold weather is upon us, I get the "decorating blues." I want so badly to create a new look for our master bedroom, and I don't know where to begin. I need inspiration, but I don't have pictures to post. However, I'm sure I can paint a mental picture of the room so that you'll know what I have to work with. It is a small room, but large enough for a king-size bed on the right wall as you enter the room, and a creamy white triple dresser (which I painted) on the left side of the room. The dresser is actually an old one from the 80s in a style called The New French style. It is not Provincial, but much clunkier and it looks like a credenza. It has a vertical mirror in the center which almost touches the ceiling and there is an inverted-shell motif at the top. On either side of the dresser, are two tall narrow windows. The walls are off-white and the floors are oak parquet. I have a ladies Victorian parlor chair in the corner beside the dresser. It is in a cream finish and is upholstered in raspberry pink upholstery BUT it doesn't have to stay. Just the bed and the dresser are the only things I must keep in the room. Since the headboard of the bed is metal, there will be no problem in matching finishes. It just has a simple swirly design and is curved at the top, and lower on the sides. There is a beautiful chandelier in this room and it looks Old World I want to start with a clean slate, and need help with bedding, lamps, accessories, pictures, etc. I love French Country/Shabby Chic, Romantic, and prefer bedding that isn't busy. I love matelasse, especially white or ivory. I'm not sure what to put above the bed. Right now, I have 3 botanical prints, the center one being higher than the other two. They have the colors of pink and blue and have light turquoise paisley mats, and I'm using a light turquoise coverlet. I just want to re-create the room, and I'm looking to you guys for inspiration. Can you paint me a mental picture of your ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Comments (4)