SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Must paint fireplace NOW. What color?

Jamie
13 years ago

The walls are old SW color raffia basket, which similar to and a little darker than the new color croissant. The small sample board you see has a base/grout color of milk white, with BM middlebury brown and raffia basket sort of glazed/dabbed/run on.

I could work on the sample a bit more with your advice,but I can't develop a lot of talent quickly so unless you think a bit of tweaking would make my technique passable the brick will be painted a solid. At this point it seems too frosty; the whites in the sofa and the drapes are more aged.

The walls turned out to have a slightly yellow cast, and I was trying for an absolutely neutral tan. For that reason I thought using the next chip darker on the FP might be a mistake.

Please recommend a color for the brick, the mantle, and the paneling above. I will slavishly obey.

The middlebury brown, laid on straight and alone, seems too dark to me. The taupes tend to go green in the room, and that's how I ended up with Middlebury brown. It's not yellow and it's not green but it's just too dark.

This room is open to the kitchen, which has milk colored cabinets, darkish stone colored countertop and BM Nantucket Fog walls. The trim is white. The trim around the window in the family room is also white.

I need to paint the fireplace immediately.

Comments (12)