SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finz2left

EK Limone? Glidden Coconut Milk? RL Evocative Sunlight?

finz2left
16 years ago

Any experience (pics, too!) with any of these? As I prepare to return most of my house to a neutral palatte, but NOT tan (sick of tan!), I'm looking for a creamy, upbeat/bright light yellow that doesn't read too much as yellow, or as "just white" IYKWIM?

My overall look is very coastal, but the house has little natural light, which may increase my distaste of tan, LOL.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Check out California Paints' "Delicate Cream." We used this for our bedroom walls: it's an "upbeat and bright" pale yellow. :) Don't have a photo that really shows it. I can try to take one tomorrow for you, if you like.

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Hi again. I took some photos of the room from different angles, to give you a true sense of the color:

This one is the truest color:

This one is a bit lighter than in real life:

• finz2left
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow! That is absolutely stunning! And, exactly what I am looking for. I"ve never seen Calif. paints, but I need to find it! Thanks :-)

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

It's a very nice yellow--not too bright at all. :)

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

P.S. A friend of mine used BM "Lemon Ice," which is also a very light and soft yellow.

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

One more: I saw in another thread that someone had used Behr's "Provencal Cream" (or something like that) for their ceiling, and it seemed to be a very soft yellow, as well. Yellow is hard!

• msjam2
    16 years ago

I just painted our family room, dining room and used BM's Lemon Ice, it's a very pretty color. There's a very slight hint of yellow, almost like mayonnaise. It gives you that clean and fresh feeling.

• acoreana
    16 years ago

How'd I miss this thread? One of my favorite paint colors right in the title :)

Just snapped a quick pic right here at my desk...and then realized I *still* haven't change out the PO's curtain rod, ack! Anywho...

Here's Coconut Milk:

• acoreana
    16 years ago

bump for lynn2006 - I noticed in the paint forum you were looking for a pic of this paint color

:)