SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

P-Touch, Rubbermaid & Laundry: What A Great Working Relationship!

cupofkindness
19 years ago

Several months ago, I bought 10 Rubbermaid stackable baskets (each one measures 10 inches wide, 8 inches tall, and 20 inches from front to back) for organizing my laundry. But they were unlabeled, so I just put them in age order and started folding and sorting clothes, but this wasn't optimal. Well, now that I have a P-Touch in my life (Thanks TS!), I can make good looking labels and this weekend, every basket got a label on each handle identifying who owns the clean clothes inside. The labels are easy to read and since the P-Touch has a few different printing options, each person's name is in a nice bold box. These stackable baskets will fit across your washer and dryer: I can get about 5 on the top of mine, so when you unload the dryer you can sort into these as you go. In addition to labeling them for myself, DH, and seven children, I have one labeled "Towels and Linens" that everything else goes into. When the laundry is put away, these baskets fit into each other very nicely and store on the freezer in my laundry room. I use these in addition to regular dirty clothes laundry baskets and hampers since they aren't that big and every member of my family doesn't have a dirty clothes spot (they share according to bedrooms). But you can fit a lot of clothing in them since you can pack clothes down as you fold. I was in desperate need of a system that everyone in my family could understand and use. I folded 14 loads of laundry on Saturday. Organizing my laundry in this way is what I've been looking for since I began having children. Perhaps these ideas can help someone else. But the best idea is to put the laundry away as soon as it dries. Self discipline is what I need to keep in force. Any other laundry ideas?

Comments (18)