SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Magazines: a bad idea, true, but if you like them, then what...?

aliris19
13 years ago

Hi all -- I think my post didn't go through on this subject. I am usually on the kitchen or appliance forum, but reading through here I am sure I could profit enormously from you-all's suggestions and thoughts. I am hoping someone might have a good idea for me regarding the vice known as 'magazine subscriptions'.

I agree best is to not have them and I've tried that. But the trouble is, I like magazines. My kids do to. I even like to hang on to them: back issues of TOH, kids' American Girls magazines, kids' poetry magazines, Scientific American, Science, National Geographic, New Yorker (not to hang onto, just to keep around for that odd free moment; kids love the cartoons, etc -- I toss after 6 months but having a system for doing so would be great). Not all of these I want to keep -- actually, these are mostly the ones I do want to keep; we have others that we don't want to keep!

But how would you keep the ones you'd like to reference? I've tried the cardboard magazine boxes. Trouble is they're tall and don't easily fit into shelving. Plus, the magazines slump and bend. I can cut them down... but given the other problems I thought I'd ask if anyone has another successful method? Anyone put them into 3-ring binders? Are there binders that would clamp without punching holes? Are there folders or boxes anyone finds to work?

...and of course I am hoping not to spend a fortune in either money or time! sigh.

Thanks for any thoughts or insight...

Comments (17)