SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

What color are your radiators? To match or not...

jenswrens
19 years ago

Next week I'm having my brand new radiators in my 1920s house painted (all old ones just replaced due to boiler explosion -- long story). I'm also having all the walls etc (essentially the whole house) painted at the same time.

My question is this: Should the radiators match the walls or be a different color altogether? I think upstairs where the trim is white, I'm going to have the radiators be white as well. (But I'm not sure. ??) Downstairs, all the trim is stained wood (except for crown molding which will be white). The living room will be a deep tuscany yellow (similar to the color in the little rug in pic). So, should the radiators match the walls, be an off white neutral or something else? I'm not interested in covering them up with those wooden boxes or anything like that. I just want them to look like they belong.

How is it usually done in the old houses? Particularly if your walls are spicier than a plain neutral, which is what I had before. The picture below is a small part of the living room before with the old radiator. New radiators are exactly the same size and style, but are currently a primed, gunmetal grey. Thanks. What do you think? How is it in your old house?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)