SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

put it on the wall!

12 years ago

OK, I've got nuts over the idea of hanging stuff, or putting stuff, on the wall instead of on a shelf or in a drawer.

(I'm a NYer--we build up)

Just this morning I looked at the stuff in the bottom of the closet and thought, "Those little brushes have holes in the tops of them! Instead of leaving them to fall over in the too-shallow-for-them basket."

(see below at the left)

And of course, I'm capitalizing on the walls at the edges of the triangular corner, where the shelf is way too narrow to hold anything useful.

I thought about putting pegboard or sheet metal (even better--metal pegboard?) on the back wall of this closet.

I hung awkwardly shaped toys on the sides of my kids' bookshelves.

I saw a row of coat hooks hung on the wall above the baseboard to hold shoes.

I've thought about pegboard on the wall of my entryway, or on the back of the bookcase.

I cut apart shoe pockets and staple-gunned them to the sides of a bookcase. (If I had a different type of closet door, I might have taken cocontom's advice about shoe pockets for the junk drawer--except that the pockets tend to be too gappy for stuff like pliers, esp. since I didn't want to group things)

And then I ran across this product:

http://www.organize.com/sticky-wall-organizer.html

It's a gel adhesive that will hold little things to the wall!

So let's all post our great successes or cool products --or even the ideas we've had but never really acted on-- for putting stuff on the wall. (or the door)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sticky Wall Organizer

Comments (18)