SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

OMG--Went furniture shopping after 2 margaritas!

reno_fan
16 years ago

In a previous thread I lamented that buying furniture for my den is hard. I had my eyes peeled for a curved sofa.

Well DH and I hit the stores today and after going to about 3 stores and coming up with *nothing*, we got hungry and went to lunch. We ran into some friends and ended up staying awhile and having some beers/margaritas.

Then we made what I hope doesn't turn out to be a colossal mistake of going to one last furniture store. (I really figured we'd just browse, as this store is usually waaaaaay out of my price range. But they do have a killer scratch and dent room, so I figured we should at least check it out.)

Somehow we left that stupid furniture store the proud new owners of furniture that doesn't even remotely resemble what I set out to buy!!!

Oy. I'm nervous. Don't even know if this dumb couch will work, but I do love it. It's a big ol' leather couch with rolled arms and nailhead trim, but the cushions are a gold, sage, and red floral tapestry material. It's extra deep, so there's plenty of room to tuck your legs up for a movie. It's not the top top top of the line, but it's a VERY nicely made sofa. Down and foam filled pillows, real leather, fully reversible cushions, etc. It was on clearance for $850, but we ended up getting it for $800. We got a mis-matchy ottoman for around $250.

While it's not what we set out for, it's a much better quality piece than what we'd seen all day, and more importantly it was within our budget.

I'll probably still need to get an additional chair, but the couch is so darn cute I'll be okay with that.

At least I think the couch is cute....It may be freakin' hideous. We did buy it after 2 rounds of drinks, for heaven's sake. Plus, it was in their basement. Picture flickering fluorescent lights, tons of shadows from rows and rows of furniture, and the two of us climbing all over everything. *That* is how we made a decision. Urf. I can't wait until tomorrow to see if it'll work or not!!

They're delivering it after 1:00, so I hope to post a happy follow up.

Comments (86)