SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
movinginva_gw

Anyone ever shopped at NC furniture outlets?

movinginva
11 years ago

After a dreadful fiasco with a sofa that I purchased from a major department store (not sure that I can call names on here), I have kindly asked them to come and remove their sofa from my living room. This is sofa number three, and it has broken after less than six months. It was not the most expensive sofa they carried, but not the least expensive, so I did not expect something to last me a lifetime, but I figured that we would be able to have it for at least five years or so. The reviews on the sofa were great, but it seems as thought this company filters their reviews, since the negative review that I posted has never shown up on their website. I will be more than happy let you know what company it is and the particular sofa if I can post it on here, so that it does not happen to someone else. I love the sofa, it is comfortable, the size is perfect, and the color was perfect for the look I was going for in the living room.

All that being said, I would like to find something that is decently priced, and would last me for more than six months. I am specifically looking for a small sectional this time around to eliminate the need for additional chairs or a small loveseat that I have been debating on for the past few months. I have heard about the different areas in NC where some of the better furniture made there is sold at discounted prices. I live about three hours from High Point, NC and was considering heading there. Has anyone ever purchased furniture from those stores, what their experience was like, if it is worth the drive, and if they had any advice to give such as things to look out for, stores to visit or avoid etc. Should I consider a different area, such as Hickory? Are prices really better than in the furniture stores? Any information you have will be helpful. I am thinking of doing it next weekend.

Thanx!!

Comments (15)