SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Round 2 Mattress shopping...

always1stepbehind
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

There is a furniture row near me so I decided to go look at mattresses after work. I went in one store and dreaded walking in...luckily no one ever came out to help me so I got out of there without having to deal with anyone. In the same parking lot was a Mattress Firm, I think it used to be Sleep Train...I decided to go in there. I was very impressed with their method. They have 3 beds and you try them for the firmness you like. The foot rest at the end of the bed is color coded. Blue, yellow or green. For Firm, medium, soft. So all the beds in the store have the color foot rest that tells you the firmness. From there they have you try each type of different mattress. Memory foam, hybrid, spring. I was surprised that one of my favorites was a memory foam. Icomfort by Sealy but of course it was the most expensive. But it doesn't come in a full size. I am downsizing from a queen to a full bed. So I'd have to stick with a queen if I got it. They are offering a free adjustable frame with $500.+ purchase (head only adjusts) but you can put that towards a head and foot adjustable and pay the difference..another $500.

The sales guy had me lay on another foam type mattress but didn't like it...then he says turn over to your back, I want to show you something...holy moly...he adjusted the feet up and the head and it didn't even matter that I didn't like how that mattress felt....it was amazing. But I'm sure that was an expensive adjustable base.

Here is the Icomfort:

https://www.serta.com/mattresses/icomfort/foam/blue-max-3000-elite-plush

From there I went back to Macys to try the bed I liked the best there. Compared to the 2 beds I tried at Mattress Firm, I didn't like it as much. But I did find another one at Macys I really liked. And it's in my budget. WAY in my budget, on sale, under $800.00

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/beautyrest-silver-golden-gate-13.75-luxury-firm-pillowtop-mattress-collection?ID=4543144&CategoryID=30764#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D36%26ruleId%3D89%7CBOOST%20SAVED%20SET%7CBOOST%20ATTRIBUTE%26searchPass%3DmatchNone%26slotId%3D7

Comments (21)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH