SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bouncingpig

Busy! Busy! Busy!

bouncingpig
18 years ago

Things have been a whirlwind here lately which is why you have't seen me around. Our first issue of "The Spokane Real Estate Guide" hits the stands March 10th. In the meantime DH and I have been in Seattle for training, have spent countless hours learning new programs, equipment, etc. and have learned our new "jobs." I did end up hiring an artist to do the pages. Everyone thought that was odd, since my degree is in graphic design, but I find layout & paste-up very boring. Plus, I discovered my job (Basically I am the laison between the client and the artist) is very time consuming. I spend hours proofing, sending photos, proofs, etc. I am constantly either on the phone or at the computer. And what is really cool is I love it! I get a lot of interaction with people (mostly via computer and phone) so I enjoy that part. DH does the sales, so he sees the real people. We have to hand place about 500 racks in grocery stores, restaurants, etc. between now and March 10 too.

Added to our new venture, DH is still working full time as a paramedic supervisor and also playing in the symphony.

My antique show is coming up April 7 & 8. I have had a hard time spending the time I need doing it. I have about half the vendors I need so far, so I better start making some efforts here. At least all the artwork was created last fall when I did my first show, so now it is just changing dates on all the advertising, contracts, etc. We are still lining up bluegrass bands and food vendors.

I still have a booth in a local antique mall, but have only been re-stocking once a week with things I have on hand. After the antique show, hopefully I spend a bit more time on this.

I haven't been selling much on ebay, as there isn't really time. I hope once my "new job" gets smoother, I will have more time for this.

In the meantime we are still trying to homeschool the kids and keep our home somewhat organized. We are going to hire my MIL (the one still in town, as I have 2 MILs) to clean and do laundry once a week, so that will help a bit. She is easy to have around and not invasive and judgemental like some other relatives. We will pay her going wages, so she is pleased. The sooner she comes the better! The kids have helped out a lot lately. We have been giving them a better allowance, but in doing so, we have upped the responsibility level a lot.

Things are insane as usual, but I am coming to realize I like it that way. I think I thrive on busyness and chaos. I think I am a major type A. But accepting that I am has made it easier to just embrace it and make the needed changes . . . such as hiring my MIL and stocking up on incredibly easy dinners. Anyway, just checking in!

Brenda

Comments (4)