SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Just a quick show of some blooms til I get caught up....

bethnorcal9
6 years ago

My husband and I went down to SoCal two weekends ago to pick up fabric for my craft shop. When we left Friday, it was still cold and had recently rained, so I figured the roses would be fine til we got back. There were only a handful of random open blooms when we left. By Sunday, the temps had gone from the high 50s to low 90s, and the whole yard is exploding with massive blooms! I've been sooo busy taking pictures and editing them, and trying to get the massive weeds pulled (will be at it all season...) that I haven't had time to get online very much. I'm about 40% done with over 1000 pics so far. And I just went out and took over 100 more. Aaaaahhhh! I'm never gonna get caught up. Sometimes I can take the files to work with me and do some editing there when I don't have customers (which unfortunately is too often) but... I'm still going thru all the fabric we brought back and haven't had time to work on it there. And at home at night after work I'm so tired, I haven't done dishes in days (thankfully my son's girlfriend has been doing them lately) and we just had new windows put in the livingroom, and decided to repaint inside... so I'm busy busy busy!!!! But I wanna get some of these pics up so you guys can see how beautiful they've been. Some of the plants have had the largest blooms I've ever seen on them. And some have just turned into virtual monsters!! All this rain has made them very happy! Altho it's also brought on a lot of BS and tons of weeds. So please disregard the ugly backgrounds!!

Here's a sampling of what's been blooming the past week...

AFFIRM - biggest, best blooms it's ever had!

ALEC'S RED - massive 5-6" blooms all over the place!

CLOUDLAND - rarely blooms... this cluster shot way up and the center bloom is about 4-5".

FIELD OF DREAMS.... Love this thing and nearly lost it in the dig-up 2yrs ago...

EASY TO PLEASE - first bloom an a new plant I got from OSH

LESOTHO PRINCE - one of the beautiful roses I got from Ludwigs last yr

DAINTY BESS - with BULL'S EYE and variegated weigela in the background

MADAME BUTTERFLY - this is the biggest bloom ever on her... about 5"... even more beautiful in person

SWEETNESS - never has it had this perfect of form and massive blooms before! It shot up to over 6ft and those foxtail weeds below are fast approaching 4ft... ugh

FOXY LADY - this is the first of my newest Palatine roses to bloom. Holy cow! What a beauty! You can't even compare this to seeing it in person. I have further pics of subsequent blooms to edit. It is going to be one of my favorite new roses I think!! The real color doesn't show thru here. It's a dusky orange with undertones of lighter oranges and reds and a bit of russet. Will be interesting to see what it does in the coming season... An excellent first-yr plant!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH