SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz_natural

'Making Peace with the Things in Your Life' - book

suz_natural
19 years ago

I read this forum whenever I need a kick in the pants to organize my stuff.

Perhaps some of you have come accross this book already. I did a search for it in the forum but didn't find any mention of it. Just bought it from Amazon after having bought and read pretty much every Clutter / Household Orgazination / Storage book out there. I'm only into the 3rd chapter, but can tell you that this one is different so I thought I'd share the info. Sub-title is "Why your papers, books, clothes, and other possessions keep overwhelming you - and what to do about it" and the author is Cindy Glovinksy. She's a practicing psychotherapist and a personal orgaziner. Her tone is humorous, non-judgmental and her examples insightful. I'm very excited about this book and will update you on my progress once I've finished it.

Everyone is in a different place in respect to organizing the home and really, it's only when you feel that your things overwhelm you or control you that you have a problem. One of my debilitating mindsets has been thinking "when I'm finally organized, I'm going to..." start really living, I guess, so I had to laugh when I read: "And believe it or not, people have managed to date and get married without ever installing a new closet system." I recall declining many invitations to spend whole weekends "organizing" my office, closet, wardrobe or bathroom.

So, has anyone here read this book? Did it help you?

Suzanne

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations